• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Misconceptions

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Someone sent this to me earlier and I thought it was really funny. Whether or not it generates discussion, I thought other people might find it humorous too. Anyone else have examples of broad misconceptions?

Stereotypes-630x504.jpg

Last edited:
Funny. I'm actually a huge fan of Martha Stewart and saw this particular episode. Snoop Dogg taught Martha to rap. It was surreal.

Arlene

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Misconception- Just because I have 50 tanks of fish does not mean I know much about fish.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Conventional wisdom is neither.

Knowing how to read and write is synonymous with literacy.

What you don't know won't hurt you.

Ignorance is bliss.

"Tea Party intellectual" represents a valid theoretical construct.

Christine's best friends are faceless microbes.

Matt Quinn and D.Q. are not superheroes. (Just ask their kids.)

Sorry gang, sort of having an off day.

Hawkman2000

Members
Snoop Dog - In 1990 he was convicted of felony possession of drugs and possession for sale.

Martha Stewart - convicted of 4 felony charges in 2004.

Snoop was even convicted first.

"Sometimes it's better to close your mouth and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

No offense dude...Just sayin...Irony

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
They both are convicted felons

you're right. I laughed and posted something before doing the quick research.

Snoop Dog - In 1990 he was convicted of felony possession of drugs and possession for sale.

Martha Stewart - convicted of 4 felony charges in 2004.

Snoop was even convicted first.

"Sometimes it's better to close your mouth and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

No offense dude...Just sayin...Irony

Whoa, you took someone elses original idea, did a little research, and posted the same thing and did a little research to make yourself seem cool and smart.

You want me to give you any ounce of credibility? Join the club and actually say something worthwhile. Anyone can do a quick internet search and post what they find... seems to be your favorite activity.

Just sayin... beatin a dead horse, and no one cared in the first place.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hawkman2000

Members
Actually, I hadn't even read any of the other posts on this thread before I wrote that. I had seen this image on facebook before and had to enlighten my friend to the facts a while back. No need to get vindictive. We all make mistakes. Just pointing out the multiple ironic elements.

fischfan13

Banned
you're right. I laughed and posted something before doing the quick research.

Whoa, you took someone elses original idea, did a little research, and posted the same thing and did a little research to make yourself seem cool and smart.

You want me to give you any ounce of credibility? Join the club and actually say something worthwhile. Anyone can do a quick internet search and post what they find... seems to be your favorite activity.

Just sayin... beatin a dead horse, and no one cared in the first place.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Agree.
You've spent a bit of time here getting people upset at some of your comments...this one included.
How about at the least JOINING CCA and becoming a member. :cool:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I think a lot of people assume that heavily tattooed people cannot be professional, nor are they in professional fields. It is often assumed that we are less intelligent, though this is getting better as time passes and tattoos become mroe and more mainstream. I have always liked this image:
tattooed-doctor.jpeg

Beeman

Members
Preconception is the root of misunderstanding. Let those who are without fault cast the first insults. Dwell nowhere, and bring forth that mind. So many examples, so little endeavor to join hands in brotherhood!
From a simple post, insults ensue! Here's an out of the box idea, . . . let us all be nice! Just sayin

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Ahem

Where I hail from them's fighting words. And it's generally perceived as disingenuous to claim innocence after firing the first shot.

That my two cents except to say that Martha's disavowed half-sister Madge (whom happens to share the mixed ethnicity of our illustrious President) has a splendid cookbook out there entitled, "You've Had Worse Things in Your Mouth". Sort of an anti-Martha approach, but given my sense that the degree of Martha's honky insularity and vacuous self-indulgence qualifies her as an abomination, it's always been one of my faves.

Self-serving special interests and chronic ignorance have the world circling the drain and someone wants me to be nice. Yeah, that's definitely going to happen. Interacting with the CCA and its fair constituency is about as good as it gets these days for me. We all do what we can, eh? Would that it were so...

"Look! It's the Flying Nun!"
— From US primetime programming concurrent with the two largest African famines in modern history in which over two million people died.

countryboy

Banned
I think a lot of people assume that heavily tattooed people cannot be professional, nor are they in professional fields. It is often assumed that we are less intelligent, though this is getting better as time passes and tattoos become mroe and more mainstream. I have always liked this image:
tattooed-doctor.jpeg

I think of myself as the new tattooed man.........I don't have any:eek: