• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Some new tank pics

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Holy crap, Greg. Looks awesome!

Lots of spawning in there? Do any of the fry make it?

gliebig

Members
Holy crap, Greg. Looks awesome!

Lots of spawning in there? Do any of the fry make it?

Thanks guys.

They hold a lot, but not many fry make it. There are a few that made their way down the overflows into the sump.

gliebig

Members
NICE !!
your missing some Afras in that tank lol

I have 6. They are all still small so they didn't show up in the pics, and most of them hang out behind the background.

Really nice tank and fish! Refresh my memory about the background??? DIY or purchased as-is?

Got it from. Aquariumhabitats.com

Very nice! Refresh my memory on the lighting... I really like the colors, not only of the fish, but also the rocks and background. Did you go LED or fluorescent?

I'm still using MH. It's a single bulb that I can switch from 175wt to 250wt. The 175 setting is a little more blue and 250 is whiter. I usually keep it on 250. It's only on for a couple hours/day.

Rasta Fish

Members
Mbuna are truly a beauty in a big enough tank that cut down on aggression
Very Nice, I wonder how many of us looking at this post thinking of setting up an Mbuna tank now...

what type of Afra did you get?

gliebig

Members
There's a utility sink in the back room. I just pump it out into the sink and use a python to fill it.