• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tank Stand Wanted

marya

Members
hi all. i am looking for a stand for my 75gal (or maybe 80...not sure). Nothing fancy, just a no frills stand. the tank measures 48"x 18" My wee little motaguensis won't be little for long and I need to get a permanent place set up.

if you have any such stand that you would be willing to part with, send me an email. thank you!!!
lummy@uymail.com

marya

Members
All I want is something which will be stable and strong enough to hold a 75-80gal tank at least a couple feet off of the floor. not looking for a piece of decorative furniture here, lumber is fine as long as it's strong. ;)

T

Thinkfaster

you can use cement blocks and 2X4's or double some 3/4" plywood. A friend of mine set up his 125 like this. It ain't pretty, but it'll work. It can be dressed up if you get some fabric and let it act as a sash to cover up the "stand". oh yeah, it's cheap too. :)

Cristy

Members
For those of us who don't have a table saw, where can we get the wood cut? I've asked at Home Depot, and they won't cut it for you.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
If it is just straight cuts on 2x4sor 2x6's I could bring my circular saw tomorrow if need be. If you bring the wood.
I dont have room for saw horses so I could not do plywood or other items. If it is just straight cutting then you
could measure out and mark your cuts and I could cut for you. After meeting. UP to you.

marya

Members
wow u guys is the best. :D

I used a cinder block and plywood set up like u mentioned archie for my 30 breeder. It has definately done the job, so maybe if I don't get a wooden stand I will just do that again for this one.

Cristy

Members
Thanks for the offer, Pat! Unfortunately, I don't have the wood, yet. Maybe you could bring the saw next month?

How about if I just build it for you and bring it to the next meeting? As long as you cover the materials, I don't mind building it.