• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Last call

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I'm going to spread these around at the Catfish Convention save for any interest among CCA members that wan't some at the next meeting. Not sexable as yet, bags of 5-6 for $12, limit one bag of each species per person barring extenuating circumstances. Pictures aren't mine but are what the parents actually look like except the Nannacara is lighter and more golden.

Australaheros oblongum - 3/4" juveniles

Nannacara aureocephalus - 1" juveniles

Orange Krobia, juveniles 1"+, parents from Jeff Rapps.

orange Krobia.jpg

A. oblongum.jpg

N. aureocephalus.jpg

ddavila06

Members
i want one bag of aurocephalus still. i couldnt make plans to get anyone to pick up for me unfortunately last meet... i can probably pick up at the convention either by meeting with you or having someone picking up or just some -freagging -how! i was to go see the vendors so at least one day i will be there. so please, save me one =)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sam,

How do you think the oblongums would do in a 4' tank with my firemouths and panamensis? Too much fish for a 75?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
They'd be fine with the firemouths

Can't say as I know about the panamensis. Ask Dr. Matt.

ddavila06

Members
the eunotos are there, growing =)
the australoheros o. u have a good page to get some info? i have the 75 available for something larger/largeish like that but want to learn more..a good solid website for info?
thanks

dogofwar

CCA Members
The oblongums will get punked by Thoricthys or C. panamense.

They're on the peaceful side of the Chanchito aggressiveness continuum...

Matt

rich_one

Members
Hey Sam... pm'd you. But if the orange krobias can get along with the oblongums, I'm in on a bag of those!

-Rich

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Ah so

The oblongums will get punked by Thoricthys or C. panamense.Matt

Initially yes, but I've a 2-year old AO that's 5"-6" and while he doesn't badger anyone he's able to face down much larger Geophagus altispinosas. If they're allowed the size advantage seems they might be fine with Thorichthys and more aggressive species although that would require some time (and worms). As such I suppose I must defer to the voice of experience although I'm beginning to believe that with the right timing, space and aquascaping that many things are possible.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Roger that

They're cool - they're spunky and bluster well but it's mostly all for show as they fold up pretty fast under serious pressure. Really are a stunning species, would love to have a tankful of adults one day. Good parents as well, maybe too much so given that I had to export my spawning female about 8-10 days after her last batch started free-swimmimg - Papa loves threatening me through the glass.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Should do

Sam or Matt:

I picked up a bag of five geophagus brasiliensis juvies at the last meeting. Will the oblongums work ok with them once all grown up?

Ought to be fine, more so as the AOs will grow much faster than the Geos.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - they'll be fine...

Eventually brasiliensis will get big and decide to spawn. Then they'll need their own tank...

Matt