• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need input- want to start accounts for conservation donations

Would you be interested in contributing $$ with your order to aid conservation?

• yes, definitely

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No, absolutely not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe- depends on the fund

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

msjinkzd

invert junkie
My husband had a really awesome idea. I regularly (try) to donate to different conservation funds and things that are important to me (invertebrates by msjinkzd is even a public radio donor). His idea was for me to offer to take $1 or basically "round up" orders (for those who were interested) to the nearest dollar and then put the money into an account where each year I would make a donation from my customers (list of names of those who donated would be on my website) to one of a few different conservation sites. I don't watn to go through the hassle of setting up the accounts and doing all the research if people wouldn't be interested. I, for one, am always teh person who gives a dollar for the food bank at the grocery store and think this is basically the same concept. I would track it so, if needed, people could see exactly where/who the money came from should there be doubts. I just thought it was a nice idea.
So, the question is, if this was available, do you think you would be interested in donating a dollar or some change to a joint account for fish conservation? If so, please post what sort of efforts you would like to support.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I would definitely throw an extra buck or two towards conservation when I buy something from you. The easy first answer is to go thru the ACA, but that is really up to you. Other good options would be the WWF or FONZ.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Guy Jordan and Loiselle funds are a given, looking for some other "stuff" that is more invertebrate or freshwater nano too :)

Baby steps! I thought it was a cool idea!

verbal

CCA Members
I would definitely round up for conservation. One idea might be to have a Msjinkzd conservation fund and let the contributors vote. Then maybe each month the winning charity gets the contribution.

turfboss

Members
Yeah Rachel - sounds like a great idea - always round up to the next whole dollar - OR - just add a buck to the total - like my card use savings account at the bank - I never miss that extra dollar and twice this year I have hit the $100 (or more) mark - I may not buy that much but every dollar to the conservation funds helps.