• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for suggestions

jstlstn

Members
I have a 20 Gal planted tank that was housing Synodotis Petricola that is housing a pair of Neoplamprologus birchardi which I am getting rid of at the next meeting. Plants are amazon sword, anubias nana and some other low maintenance plants. Any suggestions on fish that will be gentle on the plants. Currently I have tanks with African Cichlids so transferring some fish to the 20 is a no no. I am open to just about anything.

IMG_0568.JPG

mchambers

Former CCA member
Group of corydoras, pair of Bolivian rams, or paid of Anomalochromis thomasi . . .

Maybe a shrimp tank?

jstlstn

Members
Great ideas thanks, think it would be possible to say maybe mix a dicrossus type with some corydoras. I don't think I want a species tank just yet. I have been having bad luck with trying those. I think I need to take a broader approach and regroup.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Might work, but I've never kept dicrossus. Becca Becca what do you think?

Becca

Members
mchambers mchambers , ooooh, look at this new feature!

Dicrossus are pretty hardy, but take special conditions to spawn. D. Filamentosus are cheaper and smaller, plus less picky than maculatus and most find them more attractive.