• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Time for more "aquarium yoga..."

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
Time for more "aquarium yoga."

5_people_doing_yoga_large.jpg

"Lokah samastha sukhino bhavanthu." ("May this world be established with a sense of
well-being and happiness.")

Vendors, authors, and fish in general will tell you that you have the power within you to truly enjoy the hobby, and it doesn’t just take a ton of money. If you’re not 100% content with your hobby, remind yourself that it’s not all about going out and buying the latest gadget, obtaining the most unusual fish, or tearing your tanks apart. It’s about having confidence is your aquarium keeping skills, managing your tanks with a sense of purpose, and sharing.

IMG_3985_large.JPG

I think there are truly attitudes, actions and mental practices in aquarium keeping that can make you not only a better hobbyist- but can help you enjoy the hobby more and inspire others in the process. I've jotted down a few of my theories that you may or may not agree with...the result of practicing and observing the aquarium hobby for decades. They might be a bit off to some of you, but I present them anyways for your consideration: (click to read more)

dogofwar

CCA Members
"Do’t pin the success of your tank on the “approval” of your fellow fish geeks. Enjoy what you enjoy- because YOU enjoy it"

Couldn't agree more!

Other tips are spot on as well...

Matt

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
"Do’t pin the success of your tank on the “approval” of your fellow fish geeks. Enjoy what you enjoy- because YOU enjoy it"

Couldn't agree more!

Other tips are spot on as well...

Matt

It's really sad how many people look for that "approval" and simply miss the whole point of this awesome hobby. Glad most of us "get it.!"